Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 2 Day 1

Activity 2: North and South

The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
To those that don't know who I am, My name is Rowana Tui. I live in Mt Wellington, Something special about where I live is that it is very crowded with cars and people. Reason why is because I live just around the corner from Sylvia Park, many of my friends think I am lucky to be living right near sylvia meaning just 2 minute walk then shopping and eating. In fact I think I am lucky but then again its really buisy to go to school and to come back from school if you know what I mean. Anyways back to my hometown I'm really pleased to be living around people who are really kind and friendly. My side of the road is really peaceful, I am so grateful to be living around those who are really caring and kind. 
Image result for sylvia park

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Rowana Tui,
    How nice to know that you enjoy live in Auckland, I do too! I do go often to Sylvia Park as I live in Meadowbank which is relatively close to there and, I totally get your point because it does get quite busy with all the traffic going that way but at the same time, as you so well mentioned, it is really handy to be able to walk there and find most things we need to buy in one place. I am glad to know that in your perception, despite Auckland being such a busy city, people still kind and caring.
    I personally love to live in Auckland because we can easy access great parks full of nature and playgrounds. I also like the fact that we have so many amazing beaches close by that everyone can enjoy and I love the markets with bright colours and delicious food.
    Another solid post! Keep up the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete