Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 3 Day 4

Activity 3: Salt and Pepper


Deep in the heart of Bolivia (a country in South America) lies a natural wonder unlike anything else. It is a massive area of salt, over 10 000 km2 large, that is referred to as the Uyuni Salt Flats.
Tourists who visit the flats often stay in hotels made completely out of salt (salt hotels). This is not the only unique hotel that you will find around the world. In fact, you can stay in hotels made entirely of
ice (ice hotels) or glass (glass hotel). Let’s imagine that you were given enough money to build your very own hotel.
On your blog tell us where you would build your hotel and what you would use to build it. For an extra five points, use Google Drawings to design one room in your hotel. You can also use a paper and pencil to draw your room, take a picture of the drawing, and post it on your blog.












As you guys can see, this is the outside of my hotel that I drew on a online drawing site which is Pixlr. My hotel will be built and created with wool, wood, bricks and maybe timber. My hotel maybe be looking small but once you enter the house, it will be fully coloured with your favourite colour. As yous can tell my hotel is in a area where not many houses are built on, which I think is really cool because I can have peace and quiet in the area I will be staying at. My hotel may look like a normal house but reasons for it to look like your house is to make sure that you feel as if your at home and that you are welcomed. Once you walk into the property you will see a nice field of green grass, where you can play around have free time and have picnics with your friends and families. I mentioned it before but this hotel may look small but there are many friendly people out there who can also make you feel welcomed and that you can feel comfortable. 










1 comment:

  1. Kia orana Rowana,
    Cute hotel!I really like how you made it to have this "homey" feeling so people can feel welcome and cosy!
    However, in order for you to gain full points for this activity I need you to tell us where would you build your hotel? For example, if I could I would build my glass hotel in Galapagos under the water so people could marvel at underwater creatures and beauty.
    Please hoop back in this post and add the information above and let me know by replying to this comment.
    I am looking forward to your reply!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete