Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 Day 3 (WEEK 2)

Activity 1: Night Owls


Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you? .
I consider myself as a Night Owl, Why? because thats the time where everyone is tired, exhausted and they go to sleep, Once they are all asleep thats when I get to have my own free time....as in studying or just playing music and do my own thing. I prefer Night owl because during the day you don't get much time to yourself, you get caught up with things during the day such as chores, babysitting, making dinner or food and end up falling asleep. My siblings are a Night owl they stay up late because they choose to but my dad is a Early riser, he wakes up and starts the day off and gets us organised for the day.....I wouldn't say my whole family is the same as me but they are if they end up staying up late like me. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Rowana,

    I hope that you are well and that you're having a nice day with your family. I can see from your post that you spend a lot of the day dong chores, babysitting, making dinner, etc and don't have as much time for yourself. I can completely relate, although I am really lucky this week as my family is doing a lot of the housework while I work on the Summer Learning Journey programme. I feel very spoiled as they taking on a lot of responsibility so that I can be free to read blogs and comment.

    Speaking of reading blogs, I have to admit that I often start my day by hopping online to read your posts. You have been so active! It's really awesome to see you creating posts and sharing them with us.

    I love this particular post as I can see that you are a bit of a night owl. It looks like this activity was posted at 12:08 p.m. Is that true? If so, you were definitely up late doing your SLJ work on Monday! Unlike you, I tend to be an early riser. I started this habit when I was in university and had to get up for early classes. I found that I was more productive if I got up early and started my day by about 6:00 a.m. These days I often get up around 5:30 so that I can have an hour (or so) to myself in the morning before the rest of the house wakes up.

    What time does your dad get up each day? Is he an early riser like me, getting up before dawn?

    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday together and that you continue to find time to yourself to listen to music, relax, or do another SLJ activity :)

    All the best,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete