Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 Day 1 (Week 2)

Day 1: Swimming with the Fish
Activity 1: Surfs Up

In New Zealand we have many beautiful beaches and stunning waterfalls. One of the most spectacular waterfalls is called Kitekite and it is located in Piha, a small village west of Auckland. Tourists and locals flock to Piha during the summer season to enjoy the waterfall, the local beach, and the great surf. Have you ever tried surfing? Although I have never surfed many of my friends have and they absolutely love it. In fact, it is their favourite summer activity! What is yours?
For this activity, please take a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. It could be anything! Here is a picture of one of our team members (Laura) doing one of her favourite summer activities.
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favourites.
This is a photo of me and my family taking a photo with my Great Grandma. This is not a activity but this is my faviourite picture of me and my family in Tonga back in 2014. This will never get old, but I enjoy looking at this photo over and over again.....I had so much fun in tonga, getting to meet families that I didn't meet before and getting to spend quality time with them. I was also lucky enough to dance at our Reunion, I got a lot of money and ended up spending it with my cousins. This is our first family trip together, usually it would only be me and my sister raewen going with my grandparents but since our family reunion was on, my whole family was lucky enough to come along with us. During our time in Tonga I got to do a lot of things that I didn't get to do in New Zealand such as sitting at the back of the truck and going for a ride, swimming everyday at the beach and just eating more and more food. One of my favourite highlights when I went to Tonga was myself and my twin sisters birthday, we got to go out and have ice cream, play water fight and also going to the retaurant and have pizza. What was even fun is that we got to play ice cream fight, it was really crazy and exhausting. I really hope that one day I will go back to Tonga and visit my family again. See you soon NUKU ALOFA x......Please leave a positive comment :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Rowana,

    Wow - this is such an awesome blog post! I loved hearing about your time in Tonga with your family. It sounded like such a special time for you all.

    I have never been to Tonga but I have always thought that it sounded like such a wonderful country to visit. You're blog post has made me want to go there even more!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete